My Love Story!!, Vol. 1 by Kazune Kawahara

My Love Story!!, Vol. 1 by Kazune Kawahara
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 184 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by VIZ Media LLC
(first published in Japan 2012)

My Love Story!! (1)

I'm not rating this 5 stars because it is the best book in the world but more because it thoroughly entertained me, and I can honestly say I truly enjoyed this. And why would this merit 5 stars to me? Because I can not stand romantic shoujo, but there is nothing *not* to like in this quaint, adorable first volume to this series. There are no gimmicks, no cross-dressing, no vampires, nor do we have to wait 18 volumes for the star-crossed pair to tell each their feelings! For Takeo and Yamato it is love-at-first-sight. The glitch? Takeo isn't the kind of boy that girls usually go for, very tall, burly, square-jawed, large nose (and for comedic effect) overly large lips. The story is really cute and sweet. Takeo's friend is the exact type girls fall for but by contrast Takeo is always the gentleman and knows at heart how to treat a lady right; he just hasn't had a chance before. Really adorable story for romantics. I'm usually critical with shoujo but found this one a pure joy to read even quite open to continuing on with the series!

Comments