Orpheus in the Underworld by Yvan Pommaux

Orpheus in the Underworld by Yvan Pommaux
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 56 pages
Published June 2nd 2015 by TOON Graphics
Orig. French, 2009
Source: Received a review copy from the publisher

TOON Books: Level 4

This is one of the higher level books in the TOON series and the second book by Pommaux in a subseries of mythologies. I'm a great reader of Greek mythology but this is one I have lesser familiarity with. I guess, I steer away from the love stories. It's a great tale though and half of it takes place in Hades, my favourite stories always involve Hades. This tale is a combination of "Romeo and Juliet" (doomed lovers) and the biblical story of Lot's wife (can't resist the temptation to look back). An exciting tale including love and romance, tragedy, and the doom and gloom of the Underworld. The art is gorgeous and appropriately done in the classic style. Another winner from Toon Books!

Comments