Klaw: The First Cycle by Antoine Ozanam

Klaw: The First Cycle by Antoine Ozanam; Joël Jurion (illus)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 144 pages
Published June 7th 2016 by Magnetic Press
(first published in French, 2011)
Source: egalley via netgalley

This is a French bandes dessinées that combines the first three original volumes. Target age is somewhat difficult to decide as the swearing and mild violence is a bit much for kids but for adults the plot is thin and the dialogue often juvenile. It's an interesting premise and I enjoyed each issue progressively more than the one before. In fact, after reading the first issue I wasn't sure whether I'd even continue on but by the time I'd finished the book I can say I'm quite interested in continuing on with the story at this point. The main character develops considerably throughout the story and becomes more interesting as does the plot when finally more animals are introduced than just the tiger chi. I liked the art. It's bright and typical of what one expects from French comics.

Comments