Goodnight Punpun Omnibus (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2 by Inio Asano

Goodnight Punpun Omnibus (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2 by Inio Asano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 432 pages
Published June 21st 2016 by VIZ Media
Source: egalley via edelweiss

Goodnight Punpun (Vol 2)

This is difficult for me to really discuss, as the book really makes my mind spin. It's dark, vulgar and trippy. Punpun's story continues and by the book's end, he is high school age. He goes through normal events for this age of teen boys but he suffers extreme depression, talks to an imaginary head he calls "God" and is generally doom and gloom about everything. This volume has a side story telling the background of his uncle, how he starts dating again and the woman moves in with them. Punpun's uncle is a major depressive and his past with women is totally whacked out. I still find it very hard to identify with these characters (Punpun and his family) simply because they are drawn as bird-like stick figures. The sex scenes are plain creepy. However, I find the whole story so dark and deep, it is utterly compelling... go figure. The volume ends with a life or death situation and I cannot help but continue to read on.

Comments

  1. This looks interesting! I wanna check out the first volume now :o

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment