Fantasy Sports No. 1 by Sam Bosma

Fantasy Sports No. 1 by Sam Bosma
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 56 pages
Published July 14th 2015 by Nobrow Press
first published September 2013
Source: Review copy from the publisher

Fantasy Sports (#1)

Well, this sounded a lot better than it turned out to be. The art is manga-ish but this a Bande dessinée and the art favours the French style even with the touch of manga. So I enjoyed the art. The story starts out well. There's a skeleton character (always a favourite for me). But Mug and his intern Whiz start on a treasure hunt which looks promising until the mummy of the tomb challenges them to a game of 21 Basketball. Then the rest of the book is simply a basketball game, back and forth sports action, which, to sports UNenthusiast me, found utterly boring. The last page is gross, though. I have volume two here so I'm going to read it and see if it gets any better.

Comments