Nichijou: My Ordinary Life, Vol. 1 by Keiichi Arawi

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life, Vol. 1 by Keiichi Arawi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 200 pages
Published March 29th 2016 by Vertical Comics

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life (Vol. 1)

I can't express how smitten I am with this. Extremely quirky with dry humour and subtle wit while the outrageous is happening. Not what I had expected from Japanese humour, at all. It's a slice of life high school story where most, though not all, of the characters, are girls. Not so much of a plot other than recurring day to day school issues. This is off-beat, strange humour and just the thing that tickles my funny bone. I adored it! The best part was when the principal goes at it with a deer in the school yard. One girl is a robot made by another girl who is a bit of a mad scientist. Another girl is quite normal but when she gets angry she takes out imaginary guns and shoots people in the head. There is a boy who is the eldest son of his family "The House of Something" and he dresses like an Edwardian man, comes to school with a manservant, riding upon a goat, but is really only the son of a farmer. There is a smart, book-reading girl who doesn't see the point of games and how she takes the fun out of it for everyone when forced to play makes me love her, as I feel the same way. LOL. Looking forward to reading the next volume.

Comments