Wonder Woman (New 52), Vol. 2: Guts by Brian Azzarello


Wonder Woman (New 52), Vol. 2: Guts
by Brian Azzarello
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New 52

I'm really enjoying the new Wonder Woman! I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and I just love how firmly her new genesis is grounded within that mythos. In this book a whole slew of the gods turn up and we've got a good deal of Zeus' progeny on the scene now. The whole book can be described as a classic chase scene so the plot doesn't go forward too much but a great deal of new information is being introduced about the characters and background. A great portion of the book takes place in Hades and concerns that god; I really enjoyed that as I always enjoy stories about Hades and I must say I was impressed with the rendering of him with the flames on his head. Great artwork there. Wonder Woman and her gang are chasing after Zola to rescue her from Hades and that story arc finishes with this volume and ends with the birth of the child. However we have a plot twist at the ending that will keep us in rescue mode for the next volume.

View all my reviews

Comments