Deadman Wonderland Vol. 2 by Jinsei Kataoka

Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 2Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 2 by Jinsei Kataoka
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Didn't live up to my expectations of Vol. 1 but still good. This volume closes in on Ganta and the white haired girl as they find out the one who killed Ganta's classmates is hidden in the prison somewhere. Rather than finding him, they meet someone else and Ganta learns more about the "deadmen" and what is going on inside the prison. I think this volume focused in on the main characters too soon, as I felt like I hadn't got a handle on the environment yet. The amusement park was hardly mentioned and none of the other inmates were involved in the story. I would have preferred getting to know the society better before closing in on the politics of the plot. However, this is still an awesome dystopian theme and I'm hoping the third volume will pull everything together better for me. I love the characters!

View all my reviews

Comments