The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck by Nick Bertozzi

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck by Nick Bertozzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Good Earth is one of my all-time favourite books ever. After I read it, I finished the trilogy and then haunted used bookstores to read every Buck book I could get my hands on. There are only a couple I haven't read. This graphic novel adaption is excellent. The art has a Chinese feel to it and fits the atmosphere of the story. It's been so long since I read the book that I can't really say how true to the original this graphic adaptation is, however, it felt entirely right to me. This is a tale of long-suffering people in an era between traditional Chinese culture and the upcoming Revolution. The book is awesome and this adaptation does it more than justice. Recommended!

Comments