Millennium Snow, Vol. 3 by Bisco Hatori

Millennium Snow, Vol. 3Millennium Snow, Vol. 3 by Bisco Hatori
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Millennium Snow (#3)

Wow! I loved this and it is sooo different from the first volumes. It has taken Hatori ten years to get back to completing this series and she discusses the reasons and process in sidebars throughout this volume. Vol. 1 & 2 were very light-hearted and funny and I had a blast with them, really enjoying the sense of humour and the characters. The first thing I noticed with Vol. 3 is that the art quality has improved drastically. Ten years obviously is going to make a difference in an artist's work and this is superior to V1/2 making a very pretty book. Secondly, the atmosphere is completely different. The story picks up with a much darker tone. The plot involves a teacher whose son died, a serial killer, a girl being cyber-bullied and a new paranormal creature. Satsuki has a much smaller role now and the focus is most definitely on Chiyuki and Toya. I'm not keen on typical shoujo romance but this is far from the norm. Chiyuki is very open with her feelings and while Toya won't openly admit his, he shows them through his actions. And while the relationship is blooming it is quite low key and doesn't have any of that sickening gushing. It is quite a mature love story compared to any other shoujo I've read. There is still a hint of humour and I love the characters even more than I did originally. Great read!

View all my reviews

Comments