DC Universe Presents, Vol. 1: Deadman/Challengers of the Unknown by Paul Jenkins

DC Universe Presents, Vol. 1: Deadman/Challengers of the Unknown by Paul Jenkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New 52

I bought this because I'm reading Justice League Dark and Deadman is my absolute favourite character in that. But I had never even heard of him before so when I saw this origin/background story about him I was so excited. It didn't exactly live up to my expectations but was an ok story. The art was great though and looking at all the great illustrations of Deadman kept me reading. (3/5)

The second part of this book is about the "Challengers of the Unknown" whom I've never heard of and wasn't really keen on reading but since it was included here, went ahead anyway. And I ended up enjoying way more than the Deadman story! Even though the basis sounded cheesy with the TV Reality Show set-up it ended up being a really good space quest adventure. The team travels around trying to find seven medallions, it turns out they've been "chosen" for this task. Several members get killed during the task and the story ends "For Now..." but I can't find that the characters have been picked up anywhere in the 'verse since. (4/5)

View all my reviews

Comments