Canine/Feline Classics: Graphic Classics Volume 25 edited by Tom Pomplun & John Lehman

Canine/Feline Classics: Graphic Classics Volume 25 edited by Tom Pomplun & John Lehman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 144 pages
Published June 17th, 2014 by Eureka Productions

Graphic Classics (25)

Fantastic! I'm not a pet person so wasn't sure what to expect from these stories but let's just say they are not the kind to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. This is a flip book with the one side stories featuring cats, flip it over and the other side has the stories about dogs. They are a wonderful collection of stories, well selected, that flow nicely into each other. The dog section is mostly dark stories interspersed with humour while the cat side is decidedly more creepy with only a couple of short poems to lighten the mood. As usual for these collections, the art is excellent showcasing a variety of styles each suitable to the story. The only one I didn't particularly like was the Picasso effect given the "The Owl and the Pussycat" otherwise I was impressed all around. One of the best books in this series (and I've read them all!)

View all my reviews

Comments