Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe

Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & SorceryRat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well this was certainly a lot of fun. Fantastic group of female warriors who are different humanoid species with different abilities and powers. They are a kick-ass team who doesn't take any bull. Joining them in the field and on battles are the remains of another female team that includes a huge female orc and an all-male group called the Daves, since they all have the first name "Dave". This is typical sword and sorcery fantasy questing but it doesn't take itself too seriously with a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek humour and one-liners. This is rated mature not because of any sexual content, though there is some innuendo, but because of the violence. It's quite bloody and messy while still funny at the same time. This is the third book I've read by Wiebe and, while not my favourite, I've been impressed with everything I've read of his. The art on the other hand was ok, not bad, but I found facial expressions became repetitive and unattractive. Otherwise a great read!

View all my reviews

Comments