Batgirl, Vol. 1: The Darkest Reflection by Gail Simone

Batgirl, Vol. 1: The Darkest Reflection by Gail Simone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New 52

I read Vol. 3 as part of the "Death of a Family" cross-over and really liked it, so wanted to back-up and start from the beginning with this character. I've never read the Oracle character so am quite happy with the new background given to BG, since I know no other. This was quite intense, and especially knowing how much more intense it's going to get, I thought it was a great intro to Barbara/Batgirl. As with all the Bat-family books I love how other characters will pop-up. Here BG has an interlude with Nightwing [sigh] and she helps Batman out of a tight spot. The Mirror was a bit of a lame villain but I thought Gretel was pretty cool and it would be neat to have her show up in Arkham in the future. Having read V3 already, I'm now getting the background on some plotlines and I really like what Simone is writing. I like the art as well, it has the dark, moody Batman feel to it, just the way I like my Gotham City!

View all my reviews

Comments