Monster Soul Vol. 1 by Hiro Mashima

Monster Soul 1Monster Soul Vol. 1 by Hiro Mashima
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is your typical shounen manga fare. A group of "heroes" with special powers set off to battle the villains. The difference here is that our crew, the good guys, are the monsters, whilst any humans are the bad guys. There isn't much plot going during this first volume as we have three separate incidents which involve our heroes doing battle with a nasty. However, plenty of time is given to character and I've already decided I like this motley bunch and want to read what they get up next in Vol. 2! I really like all of the main characters at this point which evenly consists of two males and two females along with a cute, as yet mysterious, sidekick. This volume had a lot of humour and feels quite promising. Here's to waiting for Volume 2.

View all my reviews

Comments