Phantom Thief Jeanne, Vol. 2 by Arina Tanemura

Phantom Thief Jeanne, Vol. 2Phantom Thief Jeanne, Vol. 2 by Arina Tanemura
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not being a big fan of romance, this volume really surprised me. Being the opposite of vol. 1 and going heavy on the romance and light on the plot, I ended up really, really enjoying myself with these characters. The first few chapters were a bit of a whirlwind but soon I settled into the characters and enjoyed the humour. One thing I like is that these two know they like each other and Chiaki is all over Maron by the middle of the volume so this isn't going to be one of those long drawn out secret crushes. We get to know both of them quite well and their backgrounds with their parents creating fairly deep characters. While the relationship is progressing there are still plenty of people to save from the demons and I'm enjoying those encounters. There is also an interesting sup-plot between Maron and her best friend. The best friend has a crush on Chiaki as well and is also hunting down and trying to capture the thief Jeanne, not knowing it is Maron. The art is very pretty and satisfying! I love the cover of this book so much. For a highly romantic, relationship shoujo I'm pleasantly surprised with how satisfied I felt upon finishing this volume and loved the little shock ending! I will certainly be continuing on to volume three!

View all my reviews

Comments