Ariol #3: Happy as a Pig... by Emmanuel Guibert

Ariol #3: Happy as a Pig...Ariol #3: Happy as a Pig... by Emmanuel Guibert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Just delightful! I've grown quite fond of this anthropomorphic community. Such lovely, but very real-life characteristics. I had a smile on my face the whole way through but wasn't laughing out loud like the last volume so just a tad lower rating than volume 2. Volume 3 continues with episodic short stories centred around Ariol the donkey and his family, friends, community and school. As the title suggests his best friend Ramono, the pig, is given some extra feature time as the stories largely surround their friendship and their love for the superhero Thunder Horse. We even get to meet Ramono's sister and mother. No age is ever given for our heroes but we are told Ramono's older sister is 14, so I'm thinking Ariol et al. are about 12yo. Kids will certainly identify with the realistic slice -of-life situations which are played out here for humour on both a level that kids and adults will enjoy separately.

View all my reviews

Comments