Two comics: Smax #3 & #4 by Alan Moore

Smax #3: The Grasshopper Green Burying-Band by Alan Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So this is a random comic from my collection. I've never heard of it or know what "Smax" is, however, I'm a fan of Alan Moore and read his stuff. Jumping in here at issue #3 of 5, I found the story very easy to get into. Right away there was a lot of talk about what has happened and the characters are starting a new quest. This is hilarious British humour and reminds me of a cross between Terry Pratchett and Monty Python. I love the main character, a big blue dragon slayer who isn't too bright. Fun read and I also have the next in the series.













Smax #4: Trip, Trip to a Dream Dragon... by Alan Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story continues and the quest goes on not taking itself very seriously. Plot is the dominant feature while the humour, still good, is toned down compared to the previous issue. The characters are all lovable, making for a fun read. An exciting end which will lead us into the final issue. Must try to find the other books in this run.

Comments