Nurse Nurse by Katie Skelly

Nurse Nurse by Katie Skelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fun, weird, psychedelic sci-fi story that I enjoyed way more than what I had been expecting. An indie-published comic gathered together here for the first time. The story is so strange it's almost impossible to summarize, even the publisher only gave hints in the write-up on the back. But I will try! It is the 3000s and colonization of the planets have happened. Unfortunately, a mysterious illness is slowly killing those colonists off now. So nurses are sent out to set up stations to care for these people. Gemma is such a nurse. She is new and on her way to Venus for the first time. What follows involves space pirates, evil scientist doctors, butterflies and hallucinogenic substances. The story was sufficiently weird to be fun without being confusing and the raw b/w line art is appealing to me. Word of caution, this is not for children. The f-word is used a lot, for example.

Comments