Space Dumplins by Craig Thompson



Space Dumplins by Craig Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 320 pages
Published August 25th 2015 by GRAPHIX/Scholastic
Source: review copy via Scholastic Canada

Love! An absolute joy to read. Carried me along with glee from start to finish. Fantastic characters everyone; an odd quirky collection of misfits some of whom start off seeming as stereotypical types but each has something unexpected to show for themselves, endearing each one to me. I particularly loved Violet's relationship with her father. Many issues were touched upon, but none of them became a lesson, it was left up to the reader to make an association. I really appreciated this and found it admirable as I'm finding too many kids books being issue first with a story wrapped around the issue. The ending is fabulous. Not only is the book exciting and adventurous but it's also full of humour. I'd love to see PIXAR put this on the screen!!

Comments

  1. Wow, I'm sold! And I would have picked it up just for the title!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment