Hilda and the Troll by Luke Pearson

Hilda and the Troll by Luke Pearson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 40 pages
Published December 1st 2015 by Flying Eye Books
orig. first published 2010
Source: egalley via edelweiss

Hildafolk (#1)

I've read the last Hilda book but felt like I was missing something having not read the others so I've started at the beginning here with book 1. I'm so attracted to Pearson's art, so whimsical without being cute it has a certain edge to it. Hilda lives in a forest with her mum and is an artist and an adventurer. As she goes out in the woods today she meets a giant, a water spirit and a troll. It's the troll who brings her a special problem. My favourite though is the little wood man who keeps coming into their house uninvited and laying down in front of the fire. Deliciously odd and quirky.

Comments