Archer & Armstrong, Vol 1: The Michelangelo Code by Fred Van Lente

Archer & Armstrong, Vol 1: The Michelangelo Code by Fred Van Lente
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 112 pages
Published March 19th 2013 by Valiant Entertainment

Archer & Armstrong (1)

I've wanted to read Archer & Armstrong for some time now. I'm not sure what I was expecting but certainly not this! Eccentric, satirical, funny, odd and quirky yet lovable main characters. The book pretty much makes fun of every comic book trope ever invented plus takes swipes at pop culture, politics, religion and everything else, in a light-hearted but bitingly funny way. Meanwhile, there is an excellent plot playing out while our heroes join up for the first time. These are guys designed not to be liked: a naive, cult-raised assassin and a muscular laissez-faire immortal, but somehow they pulled my strings and I like them both. I'd definitely pick up the next volume.

Comments