The Sound of the World By Heart by Giacomo Bevilacqua

The Sound of the World By Heart by Giacomo Bevilacqua
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, this is good! It's nothing like I had imagined. Amazon has it classified as "Literary Romance". I wouldn't call it a romance at all, unless you call pining for your dead girlfriend romance, or being stalked by a girl from a Kinko's type shop romance. LOL, the premise is very interesting as a journalist spends two months in New York making no verbal human contact. There is a big reveal which I won't talk about but it was satisfying as I had wondered "What if....?" The story at times gets metaphysical and is told completely in the narrative. It's very thought-provoking. I even wondered at the end if it was meant to be taken literally, but I think it is, even though it poses more questions if it is metaphorical. A good read!

Comments