Lone Ranger/Green Hornet: Champions of Justice by Michael Uslan

Lone Ranger/Green Hornet: Champions of Justice by Michael Uslan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Knowing the family connection between these two "masked heroes" I was quite looking forward to the read. The Green Hornet is one of my favourite said "masked heroes". Unfortunately, I found the book to be more Lone Ranger centric with a wild west theme from all the flashbacks . The whole story basically focuses on the origin story of Green Hornet, how he came to be and how he started out at a time when a new Lone Ranger was needed. With this being set in 1936, the bad guys were Germans and Nazis. A lot of history is gathered through the wild west connection and like many of the Dynamite "masked hero" books the back pages contain historical reference notes explaining what is fact and what is fiction. An enjoyable read, though not living up to what I had been expecting.

Comments