Scooby Apocalypse, Volume 1 by Keith Giffen

Scooby Apocalypse, Volume 1 by Keith Giffen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jeepers! This is fantastic. I grew up watching Hanna-Barbera on Saturday mornings and have been so excited by this HB/DC event! This is the second book in the Universe that I've read. I'll say this from the start that I think people are either going to hate this or love it. I am in the love it corner. Scooby-Doo was never my favourite of the cartoons. I loved the mysteries and monsters but the Scooby & Shaggy part never won me over. This modern rendering of the Mystery Machine gang dealing with the Apocalypse is wonderful. They have managed to update the characters for an older audience while retaining the basic character structures and many references and catch-phrases for long time fans to giggle over. Aimed at teens and up (as it's pretty violent) I really enjoyed the plot and character development. In this volume "the gang" meets each other and is thrown together under duress. I'm a sucker for apocalypse stories and this Scooby-Doo version has grabbed my attention. Looking forward to the next volume.

Comments