Savage by B. Clay Moore

Savage by B. Clay Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the start of a new series and quite an intriguing and entertaining one. Volume one is basically a set-up story, telling us the backstory and events leading up to the present day. The time frame switches between "Then" and "Now" showing us how a family in an airplane crashes and ends up on a prehistoric island. Savage is just a baby when they arrive but "now" he is around the age of a young teen. The story starts with the events of the crash, the death of his parents and ends with his arrival "home", presumably 21st century America. I really enjoyed this but the only thing I didn't like was that each volume ends with the author's narrative on the making of the book showing concept to finished page. I'm sure this worked well in the individual issues when one had to wait a month for the next issue but here in the graphic novel format it just interrupts the flow of the story. Otherwise, I loved it!

Comments