Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 1 by Hajime Isayama

Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 1 by Hajime Isayama
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 944 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Kodansha Comics
orig . 2012-2013
Source: Amazon.ca

Attack on Titan Universe
Attack on Titan (1-5)


Absolutely fantastic. An intense, hardcore sci-fi dystopian world that has been invaded by humanity's "natural enemy", the Titans. This omnibus edition collects volumes 1-5 and is a massive, oversized tome. A beautiful book to add to your collection and one I'm glad to own. I prefer to read older manga in these omnibus editions as there is nothing like sitting down for an epic mass reading of several volumes at once and this volume delivers on all levels. Published in an oversized edition, the gorgeous, creepy art is maximized, each individual volume features a few full-colour pages. The paper is quality and it has a lay-flat binding. Well worth the money, especially when bought at a discount on-line. This is my first time reading the story, but it's been on my want-to-read for some time now and the availability of the omnibus edition pushed me to get started. It's a must-read for manga enthusiasts; a highly intelligent, futuristic military story. Just don't get attached to any characters as no one is safe from the author's sword; I got quite involved on an emotional level as well.

Comments