Satan's Prep: A Graphic Novel by Gabe Guarente

Satan's Prep: A Graphic Novel by Gabe Guarente
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 120 pages
Published August 5th 2014 by Sky Pony Press

I get a kick out of books set in Hell especially if they pay homage to Dante's version but this graphic did nothing for me. First the jacket recommends the book for 12+ and I highly disagree with that as I found it vulgar and violent. I read some pretty violent graphic novels so I'm not weak-stomasched but this was overly graphic for the sake of humour and honestly in bad-taste. I didn't find it funny, nor like the characters. The art was done by different artists throughout thus changed and never was very good. As for allhe highschool hijinx involving bullying and torture, it was surprisingly boring.

Comments