32. SHOCK Anthology edited by Joe Pruett

SHOCK Anthology edited by Joe Pruett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an anthology of the publisher's authors, both long-time and up and coming. There are some really big names here such as Neil Gaiman, Cullen Bunn, Bill Willingham, and Brian Azzarello to name a few. First there is an introduction by the editor which informs us that these stories are not connected nor do they share a theme. But it doesn't take long for the reader to realise that these do indeed share something; they are all tales of the Weird. There is a lot of violence, adult language and some sex but all stories conclude with the twist ending, a "shock". I really enjoyed the stories here. Most were fantastic though I'll admit there were a couple I didn't "get". The art is fantastic throughout which is not usual in an anthology where each story has a different illustrator, a different style. Generally, I'm a fan of anthologies and this is a real winner.

Comments