Best Graphic Novels for the first half of 2014

Well, it's mid-year now and I thought I'd stop and take a look at what my favourites have been so far this year.  I'll do graphic novels today and manga the next time.  So from January to June of 2014 I read a total of 112 graphic novels (a handful of those are single issue comic books).  Out of those I rated 31 of them a full 5/5 (two of them are single issue comic books).  That works out to 28% which means more than a quarter of the graphic novels I've read so far this year I thought were excellent but that's still a lot of books to have on a "Best of" list so let me see which ones stand out as the best graphic novels I've read so far this year


1. Button Man: Get Harry Ex by John Wagner (5/5)

2. Justice League (New 52) Vol. 1: Origin by Geoff Johns (5/5)

3. Aquaman (New 52) Vol. 1: The Trench by Geoff Johns (5/5)

4. Strange Fruit, Volume I: Uncelebrated Narratives from Black History by Joel Christian Gill (5/5)

5. The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Novgorodoff (5/5)

6. Penguin: Pain and Prejudice by Gregg Hurwitz (5/5)

7. Vixens, Vamps & Vipers: Lost Villainesses of Golden Age Comics by Mike Madrid (5/5)

8. Pretty Deadly, Vol. 1 by Kelly Sue DeConnick (5/5)


So there you have it!  These eight graphic novels are the ones that have really stood out for me as the best I've read for the first half of this year (Jan-Jun 2014)

Comments