Eden Volume 1 by Bash

Eden Volume 1 by Bash
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 1, 208 pages
Published June 2nd 2015 by Gen Manga

Eden (Vol. 1)

This kept me reading, I'll give it that. It's pretty confusing and all over the place though. With a title like Eden, and yes it is *that* Eden, you can imagine some Christian imagery like a lot of Japanese manga but this is just seeped in it. The author totally changes (perverts?) the Biblical story to form the basis for his plot including angels (who are demons), a saviour who descends to Hell and wicked sinful humans. I'm not saying this is a bad thing or not but transitions are awkward, people/creatures/places appear with no explanation and confusion abounds. I quite liked the illustration; it's simple but pretty. There is a second volume and I am going to continue on with it and see if it all comes together.

Comments