Through the Woods by Emily Carroll




Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A collection of short stories of the macabre. The artwork is splendidly creepy and alluring. I just knew this would be a special book when I looked at it. The font is a very large script, which first makes the book appear as if it is for children but once you start reading you'll realize these are no tales for little kids. Deliciously devilish and ghoulish, each of these eerie tales are at the peak of disturbing. Common themes between the stories are that there is a forest in each story (though not always crucial to the plot) and the paranormal or mysterious entity thus tying the stories together into a cohesive collection. This has got to be one of my favourite reads this year. Recommended for teens and up.

View all my reviews

Comments