The Wake by Scott Snyder

The Wake by Scott Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Whoa! Absolutely amazing! Just seeing Scott Snyder's name and reading the premise had me excited to read this and it more than lived up to its expectations. A science fiction story that starts off with a glimpse into the future then the first half takes place during modern day with the second half jumping back to the future and continuing on. At around 260 pages, this is an epic novel with plenty of plot and action. I felt like the characterization of the Lee from the first half was much more indepth than the futuristic Leeward, at least I was more taken with her, but the book just totally blew me away and I kept thinking I could see this as a movie the whole time I was reading. Actually as I first started reading, "The Abyss" came into my mind. The creatures are quite cool and creepy though I found they did look a lot like The Trench from Aquaman: The New 52. Totally awesome reading that had me glued to my seat with spectacular artwork; this is an epic story and a beauty to behold.

View all my reviews

Comments