Kamen Volume 2 by Gunya Mihara

Kamen Volume 2 by Gunya Mihara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kamen (2)

First off, I love the art in this series! Volume two is battle intensive, well, really one big battle from beginning to end. I must admit to being a bit confused at certain points not sure which side was which at various points, especially the beginning. It does take a long time for the main characters to appear, both Simba: the female general and the man with the mask. Once they appear in the story it was easier for me to follow, being that I myself am not all that military minded. However, this is great historical fantasy manga. Even though lots of war, no bloody violence, and the story keeps a fast pace and is exciting. No real character development is added in this volume but we do get to know more about the masters of the "Nen Arts" as several warriors from both sides enter into this dimension during the battle. As the book nears the end focus is once again on The Masked Man and the conclusion leads us to believe the next volume will contain more character focus. I love the masked man and his sentient mask and can't wait to find out more about them.

View all my reviews

Comments