Superboy (New 52) Vol. 1: Incubation by Scott Lobdell

Superboy (New 52) Vol. 1: Incubation by Scott Lobdell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

New 52
Superman & Family

I only know Superboy through the cartoons and this re-introduction to him for The New 52 is awesome. Of course, I just love Scott Lobdell so I'm not surprised I thoroughly enjoyed. Not being a huge Superman fan, I didn't know what to expect but the characters in this are fantastic. The three anti-hero females: Rose Wilson, Caitlin Red and Wonder Girl really made the story for me. Supergirl makes a cameo which was fun and the Teen Titans, while not really appearing are in the background of the plot. Lots of stuff is going on and the beginnings of "The Culling" arc are being put into place but the main theme of the whole volume is Superboy's birth, days in the NOWHERE lab, his release into the real world and his coming to terms with his superpowers as they expand while he gains more control of them. Really a great beginning to a story I want to continue!

View all my reviews

Comments