Girl in Dior by Annie Goetzinger

Girl in Dior by Annie Goetzinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ebook Edition, 128 pages
Published March 1st 2015 by NBM Publishing

don't know anything about Dior except that his dresses are gorgeous; I'm especially in love with his little daytime dresses with jackets. This made all the information in this graphic about the beginning of Dior's breakout collection through the eyes of a new model very new to me and I didn't realize the model was a fictional character until the end of the book which does make the story a little confusing. However, the inside look at the fashion industry after WWII and the early 50s is amazingly eye-opening and so very different from today and yet in regards to the false feminine perception of perfection disturbingly the same. I really enjoyed the look inside this world during this era and would say the book is mostly about the industry and Dior's dresses and influence than about the man himself. However, the book's pièce de résistance is the breathtaking artwork. An entirely beautiful book which captures the pure brilliant beauty of the dresses and designs in a unique way. The book will be appreciated by all, but somehow I think I missed out a bit by not knowing the subject matter better beforehand. Knowledgable Christian Dior enthusiasts will come away the most inspired from this gorgeous book worthy of adding to any collection.

At one point the image of a dress was so stunning I had to stop reading and search for the dress until I found it. I want this one from the 1951 Winter Collection!!!





Comments