The Bronx Kill by Peter Milligan; illus by James Romberger

The Bronx Kill by Peter Milligan; illus by James Romberger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 184 pages
Published March 23rd 2010 by Vertigo
Source: local library

Not bad noir crime thriller. A bit dense and complicated of a plot to fully realise through the medium of a graphic novel, though. Also uses the device of telling two stories at the same time, a novel within a novel which I enjoyed. The main character is a writer and while the main story involves the murder of his wife he is writing a thriller and we get a few pages of text being his edited manuscript inserted every now and then. Makes for a unique read and not too shabby of a plot but I think it does strive too hard to aim for a literary goal it just doesn't reach. Both stories are just a bit too convoluted and I never felt myself really believing in it or getting involved with the characters.

Comments