362. Voice Over! Seiyu Academy, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami

Voice Over! Seiyu Academy, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami.

Rating: (3.5/5)

(Kindle) - (US) - (Canada) - (UK)

Oct. 1, 2013, VIZ Media, 200 pgs

Age: (13+)

"To make matters worse, Sakura’s grouchy son, Senri, is in Hime’s class, and he seems determined to stomp on her dreams. He even has the nerve to call Lovely ♥ Blazers stupid! But Hime won’t be deterred by naysayers, her new nickname (“Gorilla Princess”), or even getting demoted to the Stragglers group. She’s ready to shine, and nothing is going to stand in her way!"

Received a review copy from the publisher.

I am not a shojo reader though I am open to finding some that I could read.  At the moment I only read one Shojo series, Library Wars.  The topic of voice acting appealed to me in this and decided me to give this book a try.  I ended up quite liking it.  It was very cute and had a fun storyline.  The romance angle was light and humorous and not the main focus.  The book actually has a plot which i found enjoyable and I read through the book quickly.  All the main characters introduced in this book are likable and I especially like Hime Kino, the main character.  Her gravelly voice is well portrayed both in the text and images.  A light-hearted volume that gives a good set up for a first volume in a manga series and leaves me interested in the characters and feeling good about continuing up with the next volume.

Comments