361. Batman Vol. 3: Death of the Family by Scott Snyder & James Tynion IV



Batman Vol. 3: Death of the Family by Scott Snyder & James Tynion IV. Art by Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion & Jock.
Batman:  (The New 52), Vol. 3
The New 52: Batman, Vol. 3

Rating: (4/5)

(Kindle) - (US) - (Canada) - (UK)

Nov. 5, 2013, DC Comics, 176 pgs

Age: (16+)

"After having his face sliced off, The Joker makes his horrifying return to Gotham City in this epic from issues #13-17 that shook Batman to his core! But even for a man who’s committed a lifetime of murder, he’s more dangerous than ever before. How can Batman protect his city and those he’s closest to?

This new hardcover features an acetate dust jacket showcasing the face of The Joker as it appeared on the die-cut covers of the “Death of the Family” comics — and under that dust jacket lies the horror that is The Joker’s skinless skull!"

Pre-ordered from an online retailer.

As soon as this book arrived in my mailbox, I started reading it; I was that excited!  The book didn't quite live up to my expectations as I thought all my questions would finally be answered and they are still not!  However, this still a fantastic continuation of the "Death of the Family" story arc.  For those just reading Batman and coming here from Volume 2 this will be a spectacular page-turning read (worthy of 5 stars) and you encounter the Joker at his ultimate insanest.  I adore this new Joker; he is our psychopath of evil!  If like me you've read other "Death of the Family" volumes then this book fills in some very important sequences and makes sense of where those other storylines were headed.  Batman Issue #17 is repeated in different various cuts in several of these "Death of the Family" trade collections, but here, finally, we have the entire issue from start to end and it is one doozy of a way to end the collection.  Now only three more books for me to read in this crossover, plus can't wait for Vol. 4!  I love The New 52!

Comments