Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Vol. 1: War of the Monsters by Jeff Lemire

Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. (New 52) Vol. 1: War of the Monsters by Jeff Lemire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 160 pages
Published June 26th 2012 by DC Comics

New 52
Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. (1)

So-so. It could have been better than it was. I've met all the major characters before in my New 52 reading but am not really familiar with any of them except Ray Palmer. I like Jeff Lemire as an author, but the writing is actually pretty dumb for the first story which takes up most of this book. Towards the end of that arc I started to get into the S.H.A.D.E. team and then the plot and writing was much better for the second arc. Has a lot of little tie-ins and references to the whole DC 52 universe that made it fun. The ending is a cliffhanger that makes you want to read some more and I've got the next one so will continue on.

Comments