All-Star Batman (Rebirth) Volume 1: My Own Worst Enemy by Scott Snyder

All-Star Batman (Rebirth) Volume 1: My Own Worst Enemy by Scott Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is awesome! And it just may well be my favourite book in the "Rebirth" line I've read, to date! This is Batman and an edgier one than I've seen in ages! We all know Batman never kills, however, in this volume he seems to have no problem with seriously maiming. Wow! Shaving the muscle off a bad guy, kicking another's leg in half and carrying a chainsaw! My favourite superhero stories are those which have a huge cast of heroes or villains show up. This book contains the latter. Villains galore, some are classic from Batman canon like Penguin and Two-Face but there are scores of villains from the archives like KGBeast, newly named simply "The Beast". This is a dark story and Batman is at his grim best. Superb!

Comments