Stein's Gate, Volume 1 by Yomi Sarachi

Stein's Gate, Volume 1 by Yomi Sarachi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 178 pages
Published November 10th 2015 by Udon Entertainment
Source: egalley via Netgalley

Stein's Gate (#1)

I'm not an anime watcher so hadn't heard of this but the premise sounded promising for me to give the manga a go and I have to say I was impressed. A realistic science-fiction tale that felt actually unique. It starts off a bit slow and jagged but things come together quickly and it then flowed nicely. The plot heats up, moving forward always, ending this volume with a tense moment. All the characters are given plenty of character development and there is an unusual selection of differing types. The text messages that alter time are cool, seeing how the small changes make an affect on the world as they know it, but I'm waiting to see if this will all come to some big crisis further down the road. Would love to read the next volume!

Comments