Livingstone 2 by Tomohiro Maekawa

Livingstone 2 by Tomohiro Maekawa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 224 pages
Published March 15th 2016 by Kodansha Comics
Source: Review copy via Penguin Random House Canada

Livingstone (2)

The first volume had me interested with the idea of these two soul collectors who find suicides and either stop them or help them along painlessly with the purpose of saving their souls. Looking forward to more from the plot the second volume didn't quite deliver with its series of unrelated "cases". It was an entertaining read but only just slightly hinted at perhaps a plot element towards the end being more concerned with individual cases for the team to work on. They are interesting and philosophize about various aspects of death and souls, but I don't think I'll continue with the series at this point as I'm reading plenty of others at the moment more exciting. I may pick it up again at a later date when more volumes are out.

Comments