Doom Patrol (Young Animal) Volume 1: Brick by Brick by Gerard Way

Doom Patrol (Young Animal) Volume 1: Brick by Brick by Gerard Way
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holy moly! What the heck did I just read?! I've never read Doom Patrol before nor have I heard of any of the characters. This dropped me into the middle of an outrageous story running at full speed. This is the first book from DC's new imprint 'Young Animal' which they describe as a place between DCU and Vertigo. That definition suits me as I found the material mature, but without a capital "M", and there wasn't any gore with the violence. So, Doom Patrol ...? I can't really say anything. At points, I didn't have a clue as to what was happening or who these people were, at other times I found myself captured by the story and rooting for characters I'd come to like. The ending leaves me entirely intrigued and I think things will only get wilder and stranger from here! I want to know who these people are! Really took me for a ride.

Comments