The Flash Vol. 4: Reverse by Francis Manapul & Brian Buccellato

The Flash Vol. 4: Reverse by Francis Manapul & Brian Buccellato
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New 52: The Flash

I'm glad I've stayed with this title, as this volume really steps up the character and story a notch. With Gorilla Grodd out of the picture this is a much more serious storyline and I really liked the focus on the Speed Force. While everything plotwise is wrapped up in this volume in preparation for the writing team to take over, we have Reverse-Flash and Dr.Elias in the wings for possible returns. I'm not big on Teen Titans but I enjoyed Kid Flash's cameo and the information on his background. Barry Allen is probably my favourite hero out of costume and his personal life story is as much a part of the plot as Flash's, though I'm glad to see Patty getting jealous and hoping he and Iris get together soon. Finally, the volume ends with a pre-Flash Barry and Iris story set in the Batman Zero world which featured Harvey Bullock. Best volume for The Flash so far and I can't wait to see where the story goes with the new writers.

View all my reviews

Comments