Lady Killer, Volume 2 by Joëlle Jones


Lady Killer, Volume 2 by Joëlle Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't like volume 1 all that much. I thought the art was stunning but the characters and plot were both weak and boring. But, I returned for vol. 2 because of the art. It brings together a fascinating blend of fifties Tupperware housewife and very violent blood and gore. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I find it fantastic. And this volume did not disappoint with respect to the art. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed the plot also and finally found the characters developing with personalities lacking in vol. 1. Josie finds herself going freelance and meets up with an older man who suggests they partner up. She can take the hits and he'll do the clean-up. Josie finds this partnership to her liking but then one day she finds the man is not what she thought he was, so she tries to disassociate herself from him. Superior to volume one, I really liked this and will be on board for another volume.

Comments