My Hero Academia, Vol. 02 by Kohei Horikoshi

My Hero Academia, Vol. 02 by Kohei Horikoshi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 192 pages
Published November 3rd 2015 by VIZ Media
Source: egalley via edelweiss

My Hero Academia (#2)

Love it! Superhero manga is pretty much like ninja manga with costumes and "My Hero Academia" adds in the school environment for a ton of action-packed fun. This did start off a little iffy for me but once the first training class was well underway I got hooked and the story had so much happening I found myself with a page-turner. For an extreme battle packed manga, it has a lot of character development and a pretty dedicated plot. Who the characters are as people is more important than their superhero identities and I really liked the way they were often drawn with half the face masked or a silhouette of the unmasked face behind the superhero. I'm really liking all of the characters at this point both the staff and students. Once again the plot builds up to quite an intense ending leaving me excited to read the next volume. Fans of Tiger & Bunny should like this too.

Comments