Gotham Academy, Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan

Gotham Academy, Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 160 pages
Published June 17th 2015 by DC Comics

Gotham Academy (1)

OMG! Totally outrageously awesome! Here we have a creepy boarding school for teens who apparently aren't just your average kids, though we only learn about a few of them in this first volume. Basically, a mystery this story kept me on my toes and I didn't have a clue where it was going. Each little twist was such a surprise until the ending which absolutely delighted me! Where this story takes place within the DC universe I couldn't really say, except it doesn't appear to be in-line with the current run. Most of the characters are new to this volume, and a great set they are!, with the exception of Brue Wayne, and Batman. A couple of familiar faces comprise some of the shockers making this a ton of fun and the ending really makes one anxious for volume two. For all intents and purposes, an all-ages series, though most suitable for I'd recommend ages ten and up. Great new series!

Comments