Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Trilogy Vol. 1-3 by Magica Quartet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 01 by Magica Quartet
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 144 pages
Published May 29th 2012 by Yen Press

Puella Magi Madoka Magika (1)

I'm borrowing this series from my nephew as he told me it was dark and he loved it. I'm not too sure where this is going in the first volume yet. I'm intrigued. It seems to be typical shojo fantasy at first, but there is something off about these magical girls, the dialogue is quite depressing, and we come to realize these magical girls' lives are not all fun and games. The art, however, is usual cutesy shojo form. I'm definitely interested in continuing on wth the series but not sure whether this will win me over yet.



******************



Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 02 by Magica Quartet
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paperback, 146 pages
Published August 21st 2012 by Yen Press

Puella Magi Madoka Magika (2)

Wow, so much happens in this volume I can barely say a thing without giving anything away. The story turns dark, way dark. The girls have been lied to and they find out some disturbing truths. Volume 1 really does not prepare you for where this story goes! A great read; cannot wait to continue on with the next volume!






***************************

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 3 by Magica Quartet
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 160 pages
Published December 11th 2012 by Yen Press

Puella Magi Madoka Magika (3)

Well, the final volume here zooms by way too fast but still manages to be a roller coaster ride of shock, surprise, and death with a bittersweet ending.

Comments